I have a terrible habit of buying things for parties and then forgetting to use them. For the 4th, I bought half of a watermelon and left it in the basement refrigerator only to discover it a day later. We like watermelon, but not enough to sit and eat half of one all at once. I figured, why not make sorbet?
This simple recipe makes a very refreshing, but not overly sweet, icy treat. There is no added sugar, and the watermelon’s flavor is only enhanced by the tart addition of fresh lime juice.
- Approximately 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup water
- Puree ingredients on low in a blender
- Pour puree through a sieve for a smoother texture
- Add to ice cream maker, and follow your machines instructions until it is a slushy, but not totally frozen consistency
- Transfer to a resealable container and freeze for at least 2 hours
- Scoop and enjoy!